Thursday 30 October 2014

Productive day off...

Today the production line of quilted bags started.

I have decided that when making more than one of the same thing, to do it on a production line basis!!  This works better for me as I don't get fed up having to start from scratch after each one is complete, doing it in stages is far more satisfying at the end of the day when I look at how much 'work' has been done.   I have made five large bags today, one of them a commission, no idea which one she will choose as each one is different from the other, I shall give my 'client' a choice (woo, get me!)

I made one of these bags for myself some time ago, it was well admired so I made one as a present for my sister's Christmas last year - I am very happy to say she uses it on a daily basis!

These bags are rather large, the size of a supermarkets 'bag for life' but my bags are way better than those!  Certainly stand out from the crowd with these 'Quirky Quilted  Bags For Life'.

They aren't quite finished, I am waiting for metal bag feet arriving before I can post pictures, it is a very important finish to a bag.  After all, you don't want a soggy bottom when you put it down...


No comments:

Post a Comment